Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Day #9 Journal Tues, July 14, 2015

Today I continued my photography class. It was nice today because unlike the first day where we had to sit down the entire class, we got to get up and move all around to take interesting photos that featured the elements of the visual arts: line, mass/form, color, light, texture, space, value.

In my Communications EDU class, I'm working on writing a PSA that I'll be presenting through video that's probably due Friday. I'm very nervous for it, but also excited because I enjoy writing essays.

In Turkish class, we went over some things we learned yesterday to refresh our memory. We learned more about dances and different music genres. The culture is very interesting. We also learned about the story of the Evil Eye. The Evil Eye is very widely know symbol across the country. It's featured on beads and necklaces. People wear it because they believe that it's supposed to help keep evil spirits away. It is also said that if the eye cracks or breaks while you are wearing it, that means whatever spirit that may have been around you is now gone. I thought it was such an interesting legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment