Monday, July 13, 2015

Day #7 Journal Sun, July 12, 2015

Today was a great day. I was so glad to have a very generous amount of free time that I got to spend with my friends. I was also happy that during some of that time my parents visited. Though I was kind of sad they couldn't come to my dorm, I was still content with at least being able to see them.

When we began the "Olympic" games, I had such a close call with the hula-hoop challenge. When I began the challenge, I found out that the top time was 12 mins and 4 sec. I also found out that my sister--who is also impressive at hula-hooping-- held the time of 10 mins. and 50 sec. I just knew I had to beat it. At first it was awkward to hula-hoop in front of everyone because I was the only one on my team who still held out. But eventually I broke the record with 12 mins and 40 sec. I was nervous but also thrilled with how much my team cheered me on. It really encouraged me. But I was also nervous because, knowing that there was one last group after mine, I knew someone just may beat me. With disappointment, I later realized that my time was beat by another girl who held the time of 13 mins. So when we do the Olympic games next week, I hope that I may win the ultimate challenge against the other winners.

1 comment:

  1. Shaylee, I love your blog because you put thought into and actually reflect on the day. I bet it was great to see your parents, I'd love to see mine... and I'm old! You're going to kill the hula hoop challenge AND beat your sister! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete