Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Day #8 Journal Mon, July 13, 2015

With a new week, I begin my new elective: Turkish. Today in Turkish, I learned different things about the culture, the language, and the country itself. I learned how to say basic greetings, how to have small talk, how to say my age, certain dance moves, etc. With all that I learned, at the end of the week for my final project, I have to learn how to make Turkish tea and how to serve it properly.

Later I again had World Music class, Communications Speech class, and the Art of Acting. In World music I learned how to continue the same beat while others play another beat until it all comes together in sync. In Communications class, I learned how I can improve a speech by talking louder and practicing my timing. I also have an upcoming project that's due Wednesday. In the Art of Acting, we played the "yes" game (a game in which everyone gathers in a circle, someone in the circle points to someone else, that person says "yes" and the person who pointed moves to that new spot). We also played a game that teaches us to be more aware of the space around us.

When our classes ended, it finally began to rain and storm hard outside. Some of the other campers were a bit scared by the storms, but I wasn't; I really enjoy storms. The only thing I was really worried about was getting my hair wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment